Saturday, December 4, 2010

Safe to Pity Party?

Just when I think I can have a pity party all to myself something else happens. Today I made my own Thanksgiving favorites. Lots of food leftover but well I found my own way to comfort myself with just that one tiny plate of food. Hannah will have plenty to eat when she gets home. I may make an exception and eat a bit of leftovers tomorrow. Hannah had regional band tryouts today. She wasn't playing because well as she keeps saying, "I'm just a freshman." She did however volunteer all day helping out. She'll be able to learn from just being surrounded by the music.

While she did that I hung out at the house waiting and waiting and waiting for the Direct TV installer to come upgrade me to DVR service. So he is FOUR hours late. I had time to complete all the cooking, eat, clean up, take a nap, play on facebook, watch two movies and call to find out where he was! So he arrives and tells me that he will be charging me $75 to run a new cable to run my free upgrade because it is on an inside wall. I was furious. I basically told him to take it and leave. He stepped out and came back in after a bit with Direct TV on the phone. I ended up with the credit to my account for the price to install the cable. Then because I know the guy didn't really want to be climbing in my attic at 9 pm at night to put in a cable he proceed to install the newest technology Direct has for my $75. I now have the capability to use the whole house DVR service.

While the guy is installing the service he has to go out to the back to the roof to fix the equipment. He was in and out several times. When we had service before Scott would follow the guy around the house making sure he was doing the job right I guess. I don't know what he thought he could fix because he wasn't very technology savvy. So tonight Direct TV dude would go out the back door or even when I went out the back door. I would make sure it was latched and then suddenly the door would open like he was checking on the guy. He is here. He was making sure that this was right. I finally told him after about the 10th time of the door opening that if he could open it why can't he close up after himself! I think it was more to tell me that he was here doing what he promised. Taking care of me.

So now the house is back to calm. The kitty is meowing and chasing around with Scott but that is nothing new. He does that all the time with her. I know he's here I just wish it was a bit easier to talk to each other. Someday but not today! I am happy knowing he is here with me as in the best way he can be, to infinity and beyond. I don't get to have a pity party tonight my life isn't boring even when I want it to be!

No comments:

Post a Comment