Sunday, December 19, 2010

Spoiled Our Princess

Today was a nice time to get to spend with Laynie and spoil her with dozens of gifts. There is a but in this that it was bittersweet. I know Scott was there with his arms around us. I can say this with complete certainty because each gift was what he told me to pick. There were a couple of things he kept leading me to that I didn't buy. The biggest item was her scrapbook. She looked at it with me but we didn't read the story. She is just as emotional about it as I am but I hope it will give her many years of love and magic.

I could feel him there. It was even more powerful today. It was so funny because I mentioned one of the toys that is still here and Becki immediately said Laynie has been asking about it. It is one of those things that came to me the other day out of the blue that I needed to give to her and she is mentioning it. Nope I know he is with both of us. How could he not be? I have come to firmly believe that Heaven is with those they love the most. He knew what toys she liked to play with or wanted and then for her to mention a toy that is still here. Amazing and magical.

I hope she knows how very much we love her and that we miss her. Seeing her more often would be wonderful but using the scrapbook to share all the memories in my mind and those captured on film will give her love and strength as she grows into a beautiful young lady. She will always be more then just Scott's daughter to me. We both called them our girls and in my heart she has the love from me just as Hannah does.

Now I need to get back to wrapping presents. My thighs are killing me from sitting on the floor working on the scrapbook and wrapping presents. I think I will someday move the TV we bought last Christmas to my scrap room. When I can spend more time in it then just sitting in the doorway using the printer. Reminds me of one of my friends from college. I will work up the courage to continue past my demons. Now if I can find an answer to the dozen lanterns we bought at IKEA for the wedding table decorations I might be able to move a bit further into the office. I'll get an answer when the time is right. It just hasn't been yet, someday but not today.

No comments:

Post a Comment