Thursday, January 20, 2011

Country Girls Big City

Wow what a day of travel! My tush and back hurt from sitting but the weary travelers have found a place to rest their heads. Yes and we have a view of Disneyland from our 5th floor room! Yes it is really Disney property it just happens to be the back side of ------- wait for it! ------- the parking garage! Hey it's still a view of something Disney.

I've had five people tell me today how happy I look. Who wouldn't be happy with a quick vacation. Each time I travel I find new emotions to attack. You know the game where you put you iPod on shuffle and name the first song that pops up. Well I do believe Scott was at it again. I have a very eclectic collection of music, Disney to Kid Rock! And well up pops a song from Kenny Rogers about being there again and holding you in my arms, then a Martina McBride song and well two hours of this. I have lots of music that Scott never listened to with me on my iPod now because I switched it all out. See that was a chore that you wouldn't think that matters but it does. I cried on the plane but how do I explain how very different it was for me.

I have an acquaintance that is fast becoming a friend. On the plane I was processing all of the changes I have made. He was there before the tragedy as just someone I knew. Three weeks after Scott's passing he stopped by the office for a marketing call and asked me what was wrong. I spilled the story crying the entire the way through. He sat and listened. I have changed from then to now. I'm a very different person. I think the next time I see him I will have to ask that question from his unbiased view of watching someone go through a life changing experience. It is so empowering to make new friends. I have learned you can't have too many of them and age or all the other things don't matter!

So you see this trip is for me too! I will make a difference in my own life so that I may make a difference in my daughter's life and so many other people around me. I ask for continued strength, guidance, light and love. Now keep following along on our new experience! The country girls go to the big city!

No comments:

Post a Comment