Friday, January 7, 2011

Happy Birthday Grams!

What do you do with days that have special memories? You celebrate and remember the person attached to them. Today is Grandma's birthday. She was the person in my life who got me. She knew what my emotions were and could always make me feel better. She is the very first person I have ever watched slip into the arms of God. I miss her all the time. She was such a sweet loving gentle soul. I can only hope to be half the woman she was.

As I sat with my Mom, her brother, his wife and my Aunt at Grandma's bedside holding her hand as she told my Aunt, "It's okay. I love you." That seems to be a common theme in death with people who love you. It really makes me know that at the end of life there has to be something or someone telling you it will all be okay and that love is the answer to all.

I know I have been very blessed in my life with the love of so many people. I still have so many people that love me and I return that love. I can only hope that I will continue to find new people in my life to give the love in my heart. Today at work we were talking about children and just having one child I can't answer about love of many but one of my friends can. She talked about loving each one of her girls completely but each love was different. I know that is how Grandma describe her love for all of her grands. We each have different personalities and positions in life but each one of us knew we were loved by here. We each had our secrets with her and we all knew we were special.

I have to imagine that moving forward in my life and possibly finding another person to share my life will be the same. I love Scott, just as I love Mike but the love for both of them is different. If I find another someday I hope I will be able to explain that love has so many different facets. Just as the light and love of God and our loved ones who have gone before us. It's okay, I love you! Yes life really is okay with love!

No comments:

Post a Comment