Friday, January 21, 2011

Facebook Profile Picture

So if you haven't noticed I did something today that I didn't have a timeline it just felt right. I finally changed my profile photo. I found one of Hannah and I that was taken today that captures the spirit of who I am at this moment in time. I didn't know it could be such a thing but here I am. Learning to live forward one step at a time.

Our first stop today was the beach. It was a beautiful morning and the sky was a bright brillant shade of blue! Hannah stepped her toes in the water and proclaimed it a bit cold! We had quite the hike on the beach but it was fun to feel the wind in my air and the sound of the waves crashing. I hate sand and managed to get very little on me except a bit in my shoes. We have had so much fun being together. It is a healing journey for both Betsy and I.

I borrowed the Garmin GPS thingy from Mike before we left. I had it preprogramed for a few places, our hotel and Disneyland being the main locations. Hannah was able to make it direct us to Huntington Beach but it really doesn't like it when I decide I want to make a stop or a detour! I have taken to calling it Suzy Garmin and my new game is to see how much I can annoy it. Yes like it really is annoyed but she sure does get made when she has to recalculate. Well get used to it baby cause that is my life!

We made a stop at the Crystal Cathedral on our way back from the beach this morning. It was as if I was being guided in that direction. Suzy didn't send us the same way back that we took from the hotel because I had inserted a stop at Target for some necessities. Betsy forgot her toothbrush and I wasn't sharing mine with her . After that stop we passed a sign for the Crystal Cathedral next right. I turned and boy did I make Suzy mad! We weren't there for long but it was very peaceful. Not a single sound of the city, very meditative. We walked around the grounds and peered into the doors of this magnificant place I spent my childhood watching on the television! Outside were these stones in the ground with bible passages engraved. We walked around and I was surround by light and love. My daily prayer continues to be answered.

God has granted me the ability to ask for his love and guidance. I will continue to do so for the rest of my life. I am a very different person yet I am the same. My soul has new meaning and purpose. I will find the continued strength to face things each day as the time is right. Tonight I was forced to face the fireworks at Disneyland, mainly because I didn't know how close some of the show resembles the Magic Kingdom. I cried the tears of love, magic and sadness because I avoided the fireworks in October. I will forever be cradled in Scott's arms laying in a hammock dreaming of our future together in my heart. At the same time I will forever be living a life I didn't wish for but making new wishes to live forward too! I will keep following the light and love! I am not alone in my journey. I can change my profile photo and not lose the memories and love for Scott.

No comments:

Post a Comment